Video Of The Week — Pumpkin Carving Goes Hi-Tech When NASA Engineers Get Involved
Listen to Article
NASA scientists can build rockets, send men to the moon, and may soon even help establish a colony on Mars. But can they carve pumpkins? That was the challenge posed to the brilliant engineers at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena, CA six years ago during Halloween. The friendly competition has since become an annual tradition with teams trying to outdo each other with increasingly hi-tech carvings.
This year’s entries included a Pac-Man pumpkin, a replica of Darth Vader’s meditation chamber, a carousel, a Ninja Starshade, and even a black hole pumpkin. While the creations are certainly impressive, what is even more so, is that the engineers-turned-artists had just an hour to complete their masterpieces!
Resources: theverge.com, telegraph.co.uk
Learn Keywords in this Article
- thegreates3 monthsFunny and cool
- danny-boyalmost 2 yearsHahaha!😆🤣This is so funny and cool!LOL!😂😅
- mcousinover 2 yearsso cool
- chikindonotover 2 yearslol i wanna do that
- bscover 2 yearsThat's really cool!
- devanfabout 3 yearsLOL Hi-tech pumpkins.
- #loveponysover 3 yearsI want to be like him