Video Of The Week - It's Pi Day!
Listen to Article
March 14 (3/14) holds a significant place in the American school calendar. That's because on this day even the strictest of math teachers allow students to celebrate Pi (the numeral constant that represents the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter) with fun activities and a slice or two of its yummy namesake - Pie!
Though the celebration may seem frivolous, educators and students are just obeying the law. After all, when the US House of Representatives declared the day a holiday in 2009, they did ask Americans to celebrate it with appropriate Pi and math-related activities! What makes the holiday even more special is that it can only be celebrated in the US. That's for the rest of the world, today is not 3/14 (March 14), but 14/3 (14 March)!
As you go about performing your civic duty be sure to check out the video that outlines some cool facts about this numeral constant that helps make math fun, at least one day of the year!
Happy Pi Day!
Learn Keywords in this Article
- bloxburgboy12 monthsi love pie
- adroit_avimimusabout 1 yearWoohoo! I love pie! Hooray for Pi Day!
- unknown_user13about 1 yearNo wonder Albert Einstein is SOOOOOOOOOOO intelligent!
- mattchienover 1 yearlol
- coolkid77over 2 yearsi'm gonna go buy some PI! oh wait, nobody can afford it lol.
- wolfy_blueover 2 yearsalbert must love pi and pie
- animereina2021almost 3 yearsGotta love em pies yum! What a coincidence! Albert Einstein born on pi day!? He was born smart💕
- galaxyninjaover 2 yearsPie and pi = best pi ever (except apple)
- unknown_user13about 1 yearWho doesn't like apple pie? I love ANY pie!
- mangogirlalmost 3 yearsWow Albert Einstein was born of pi day omg
- foxinover 3 yearslove this i had to do this for homework and i printed like 20,000 different word searches! XD
- canecorso10almost 4 yearssoooo cool!!!!!!!