Video Of The Week — Pixar Confirms The Shared Universe Theory

CCSS 176 Words 2-Minute Listen
Arlo from the Good Dinosaur makes an appearance in Monsters University (Photo Credit Disney/Pixar)

Disney is famous for creating interrelated plot lines across its superhero blockbusters – from Iron Man to The Avengers to the television series, Agents of Shield. Now, the movie studio has confirmed a theory first suggested by a fan in 2013 — the animated movies made by its subsidiary, Pixar, also share a common universe.

A113 - the classroom number common to many Pixar Films is portrayed twice in Finding Dory (Photo Credit: Disney/Pixar)

In a video released by Pixar early last week, the filmmakers revealed many Easter eggs —a reference to visual clues hidden in the various movies that reward eager fans similar to a traditional egg hunt. These include the delivery truck from Toy Story’s Pizza Planet, which has made an appearance in every Pixar movie except The Incredibles. Some like Arlo, the protagonist, in The Good Dinosaur, had a cameo role in both Toy Story and Monsters University, long before the movie was made.

These, of course, are just a handful of the hundreds of fun Easter eggs waiting to be discovered. So the next time you are watching a Disney or Pixar movie, be sure to pay close attention for the subtle connections.

Resources: fastcompany.com, Pixar-Facebook

• katerina267love
    katerina267loveSunday, October 18, 2020 at 6:46 pm
    Wow I never realized that.
    • zaks
      zaksSaturday, September 19, 2020 at 10:30 am
      I don't pay attention to these things when I watch Disney movies. I had know idea there were so many.
      • wolfieland
        wolfielandSunday, August 9, 2020 at 1:37 pm
        i only notised a few things like in frozen there was repunzel and flin in frozen and in inside out there was a magenzene of the lady from rattituie!
        • thewisdomoflife
          thewisdomoflifeSunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:32 pm
          Wow. I never realized that until now. Very funny of how our brain only focus on the main point, not realizing that there are hidden things right in our faces.
          • thewisdomoflife
            thewisdomoflifeSunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:32 pm
            • bsc
              bscFriday, May 22, 2020 at 3:02 pm
              Wow! I always try to find easter eggs when I watch the movies, but i usually forget about it.
              • rowefam
                rowefamTuesday, April 21, 2020 at 10:04 am
                WOW
              • mangogirl
                mangogirlTuesday, April 14, 2020 at 10:39 am
                I literally missed all of these when I was watching the movies :0
                • angelfluff
                  angelfluffFriday, April 10, 2020 at 1:10 pm
                  I missed boo in monsters university movie
                  • elena_likes_dog
                    elena_likes_dogThursday, April 9, 2020 at 12:32 pm
                    I wonder what happned to Boo in the end of Monsters inc.??