Video Of The Week — i-Creamy's Gelatos Are A Feast For The Eyes And Mouth
Listen to Article
Pichaporn Sapsittiporn and Sasinuch Lapwongpaiboon, who co-own the i-Creamy Artisan Gelato shop in Sydney, Australia, take great pride in creating some of the tastiest gelato using the best possible ingredients. However, the award-winning Asian-inspired flavors are not the only reason people line up outside the creamery, even on cold winter nights. They are also here to admire and devour the beautiful gelato roses that are crafted before their eyes.
Customers begin by ordering the flavor or flavors of their choice. Then starts the slow, meticulous task of creating the perfect rose. The first step is to create a solid foundation for the flower by cramming a small scoop of the ice cream into the cone. The staff then use a shoehorn-like spatula to shape gelato “petals” that are pressed onto the cone one at a time. To make it look realistic, the petals get increasingly larger on the outside. As you can imagine, creating gelato roses is a time-consuming process, which is why i-Creamy also offers conventional scoops to accommodate those in a hurry. But we have a feeling most customers do not mind the wait or paying the extra 30 cents it costs to get this work of frozen art.
Resources: broadsheet.com.au, odditycentral.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- love-art5 monthsi have no words... 😋
- victoria_wise6 monthsD e l i c i o u s ! 🍨
- unknown_user13about 1 yearThose look SO GOOD and YUMMY!💮🍨🍦
- songunicorn17about 1 yearYummy! That is.. De.. Lish...ous... (Faints)
- jenny0823over 1 yearYUM! ✨D e l i c i o u s✨ I 🖤 ice cream.
- staufftrinity6 monthsthis is gelato :1 but yeah
- astromochiover 1 yearOoh what art!
- bloxburgboyover 1 yearWhy is the ice cream looks like a flower.
- ravenwingover 1 yearWow that is amazing! I wish I could do that.
- hellokitty124almost 2 yearsDelicioso!
- wolfy_bluealmost 2 yearsIt looks appetizing! 😋