Video Of The Week — Cheese Pizza Topped With Cotton Candy? Yum!

CCSS NCSS-1 187 Words 2-Minute Listen
Photo Credit: Schmatz Beer Dining via Facebook

In Japan, the onset of spring is synonymous with the cherry blossom, or sakura, season. To attract some of the thousands of locals and tourists that flock to parks to see the beautiful, albeit brief, two-week bloom, many restaurants offer sakura inspired specialties.

This year, the chefs at Tokyo’s Schmatz Beer Dining, created a cotton candy pizza. Available at the brewpub chain’s Kanda neighborhood location, the thin crust pie is just like any other cheese pizza, except for one thing — it is topped with a mound of pink cotton candy sprinkled with cherry blossom petals. Before taking a bite, customers are asked to drizzle the delicious-looking pie with some honey ginger sauce that melts the spun sugar and blends it into the cheese. Though there is no word on how the pizza tastes, it sure looks good.

Photo Credit: Schmatz Beer Dining via Facebook

Unfortunately, it was a short-term offering that was timed to coincide with the cherry blossom season which came to an end on April 2 in Tokyo. Hopefully, the restaurant will bring the pizza back next year, or better still, make it a permanent fixture on their menu.

Resources: odditycentral.com, rocketnews.com

• mercury_dust
    mercury_dustFriday, February 19, 2021 at 3:41 pm
    It actually looks delicious, would eat :3
    • spacebear
      spacebearTuesday, January 26, 2021 at 6:21 am
      It sounds really yummy..... but i'm no so sure of that
      • xxcucinamokaxx
        xxcucinamokaxxFriday, January 22, 2021 at 1:02 pm
        looks yummy but I would DEFINITELY not be able to eat it all lol 🤧🤧🤧🤧
        • astetic_dreams
          astetic_dreamsFriday, January 22, 2021 at 4:51 am
          Not on pizza 4 me!I love cotton candy it is my fav candy I just got a cotton candy machine I made so much already my dad said that our house would become clouds and cotton candy heaven.😂
          • happygirl2015
            happygirl2015Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 12:31 pm
            It looks really good. I wish I could taste it. 😀
            • unipug2
              unipug2Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 8:36 am
              Cool beans! Also, what does cotton candy taste like?
              • ochaco
                ochacoWednesday, December 30, 2020 at 10:52 am
                Kinda seems weird but I'd try it. I tried a Smores pizza and a cookie pizza how different could it be?
                • 586
                  586Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 1:09 pm
                  omg I Luv pineapple and cotton candy
                  • lot
                    lotWednesday, October 28, 2020 at 6:17 am
                    Um i dont know because we have not tried it
                    • minecraft_kat26