Re-Creating The Beijing Olympic Village With Legos
Listen to Article
The Beijing Olympics will be remembered for many things - the stunning opening ceremony, the number of records shattered and most of all the amazing architecture of some of the structures the events are being held in.
Now, a Hong Kong based Lego Users group has reconstructed all the outstanding buildings, including the amazing stadium, fondly referred to as 'Bird's Nest' and the Aquatics Center, nicknamed 'Water Cube'.
The group known as Hong Kong LEGO Users Group or HKLUG for short, used 300,000 Lego bricks and 4,500 Lego mini-figures to create the 3m by 8m Sports City. Besides the two landmark buildings, the group also constructed the Olympic village, the beach volleyball venue and the soccer field. To make it even more realistic, each venue is filled with 'competitors' and 'spectators'.
The Lego Village will be on display at the Grand Century Place in Hong Kong until August 31st, 2008
HKLUG says that this was one of the most amazing creations they or anybody has ever made! We certainly agree. What do you think? Be sure to add your comments below.
- adroit_avimimus7 monthsThat is a WHOLE other level of dedication! I can agree, the Olympics that year in Beijing was awesome! Probably just as great is the 300,000 Lego bricks and 4,500 Lego mini-figures used to make it!
- redrobinover 1 yearThat is so cool! So many legos!
- CR7about 4 yearsI can do better
- ???over 5 yearsthen we destroy that
- meadowlark12over 5 yearswow
- crazy boca about 6 yearswow cool
- legoboy11about 6 yearscool
- coolboy2201over 6 yearsthat look alsome and i wish i could have the lego Beijing Olympics
- smishball123almost 7 yearsno way
- lego manabout 7 yearsI did that thanks people