Dapper Dachshund Is World's Oldest Dog!

203 Words 2-Minute Listen

Though she may not look a day over 21 (3 in dog years), Channel is all set to celebrate her 147th birthday (21 in dog years) on May 8th, and has just received a certificate from the folks at the Guinness Book of Records, confirming her status as the oldest dog in the world!

The wire-haired dachshund, who lives in Port Jefferson Station, Idaho, belongs to 51-year old Denise Shaugnessy, who adopted Channel, when she was just six weeks old.

Denise says that besides being a little hard of hearing and suffering from cataracts in her eyes, Channel is quite healthy.

According to Denise, the secret to Channel's longevity is a lot of pampering, which include a body massage after every run, as well as, giving her the choice between eating dog food or human food, which includes macaroni and cheese!

Chanel's new status has brought her a lot of fame and it is rumored that she may even be jetting off to Los Angeles, California, for an interview with famous talk show host, Jay Leno. However this doesn't seem to faze this 147-year old regal pooch, who spends her days wearing her cool shades and lounging on the sofa.

Sources: sfgate,com, dogmagazine.net

• gold3nglare
    gold3nglareWednesday, February 10, 2021 at 10:10 am
    Wow that is crazy. Sadly the pup is gone by now :(
    • animereina2020
      animereina2020Monday, May 11, 2020 at 7:42 pm
      That dog must be in severe pain! Lucky is 13 years old and he can't bark or howl that well anymore, and can't jump that well onto couches and beds. He gets in big pain when I try to carry him, and doesn't run off that much anymore. Poor Chanell!
      • animereina2020
        animereina2020Monday, May 11, 2020 at 7:39 pm
        One of my dogos, Eve, is a dashund Maltese mix
        • lilshay123
          lilshay123Saturday, June 29, 2019 at 7:43 pm
          i hope that dog lives longer
          • DodgersThursday, January 3, 2019 at 7:31 am
            Wow. That is old. How is that dog so old?
            • roboUniTuesday, August 14, 2018 at 7:28 pm
              Awesome! That dog is 149 years old? She’s older than humans o_o But just think of how much pain she’s in. My dog’s 11, and she’s uncomfortable. You can tell 😢
              • puggirl
                puggirlWednesday, December 20, 2017 at 6:19 pm
                I would love to have a dog that lived for 147 years
                • reThursday, November 2, 2017 at 9:39 am
                  this is cooooll dude
                  • dog lover Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 9:54 pm
                    I JUST LOVE ANY DOG IN THE WORLD BUT I MOSTLY LIKE PUPPIES! THEY ARE THE CUTEST THING EVER TO ME !( I'M NOT REALLY A CAT PERSON I DON'T LIKE CATS EXCEPT THE CUTE AND SMALL ONES!)
                    • dog lover Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 9:52 pm
                      please reply to my comment! Hope you enjoy this article!
                      • puggirl