Woof Or Woof? NYC Pooches Get Into The Halloween Spirit
Listen to Article
On October 23rd, hundreds of pampered pooches put their best paws forward, strutting in exotic costumes, as they paraded in New York City's annual Halloween dog parade.
Now in its 20th year, the annual event, which is held at Tompkins Square Park, is extremely popular and dog owners go through extraordinary lengths to win the title of 'Best in Show'.
This year was no exception. Tontite the Pomeranian came in as Zorro, while technology guru Oscar, dressed up as an iPad. Poor Mabel's owners dressed her up in the latest Lady Gaga attire - A meat dress.
Then there was Sissy, the stylish Norfolk terrier who came as a Breakfast at Tiffany's box, completed with a fake diamond ring and a morning meal affixed to it - an effort that took the owner Don Nineas a whopping six hours!
Eli, a Chihuahua Pharaoh, came in tow with his owner who was dressed as Cleopatra. The outfit, which took a few months of planning, impressed the judges enough to award Eli sixth place.
The coveted 'best of show' prize was awarded to a pug called Gracie who dressed as Scarlett O'Hara from the epic novel Gone With the Wind. Her delighted owner Dewey Moss, took home an iPod Touch and a Jack Spade messenger bag - Not a bad return for an investment that cost just $25.00USD.
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE HALLOWEEN!
Sources: Dailymail.co.uk, nypost.com
- summerstancil4 daysthats very cute and cool forpups to come
- jyroligykunixyover 2 yearscute
- jyroligykunixyover 2 yearsadorable
- rockey202over 2 yearsThe very end is funny and that dog looked funny in that costume it was so cute and funny
- bscalmost 3 yearsThat's awesome!
- bookfan2009almost 3 yearsLol I think I might have been there! I love dogs
- lpsbrooklyn13about 3 years#dogsarethebest
- skyhammerover 3 yearsso cute
- pugyeeboy123465about 4 yearsthe pug was so cute and all the other dogs but mostly the pug
- MEME KING 👑 almost 5 yearsSo cute