Video Of The Week - A Passion For Fashion
Listen to Article
All of us know how boring and depressing a stay or even a visit to the hospital can be. Now imagine how unbearable it would be if you were really sick and had to spend a few weeks or even months inside one.
BayKids, a non-profit organization, located in San Francisco, California understands the issue and has come up with an innovative solution to make life a little more tolerable for kids faced with a long-term hospital stay.
Working in partnership with the Children's Hospital and Research Center Oakland and the UCSF Children's Hospital, the organization empowers children facing medical challenges to express themselves and find joy through the art of filmmaking.
The video below, entitled 'Passion For Fashion' is an example of one of the videos. Here young Isabella, an aspiring designer, gets to not only show off her design sketches, but also, see some of them come to life, in a fashion show, held at the Children's Hospital in Oakland.
To view other fun videos, inspired or made by the children, be sure to check out their site: www.youtube.com/user/baykidsfilmmakers.
- julianaabout 13 yearsohh I wanna go there make my own fashion!!!
- dancing divaabout 13 yearsremember...first the WORST! secound the best...wait actully secound...still the WORST!!!:O
- dancing divaabout 13 yearsI'm still here! only a better sticker!
- dancing divaabout 13 yearsHow cute! you guys all fighting for fist! :O :)
- DCBabout 13 yearsI wish i was puppylove though, she is 1st
- DCBabout 13 yearsYes i'm the 2nd person, rock on!!!!!!!!
- Puppyloveabout 13 yearsYes! I'm the first person. First. HaHaHaHaHa.