Listen to Article
I just realized that I missed the World Nutella Day on February 5th - However, never one to cry over spilt milk or as is the case here, a missed celebration, I decided to re-create the day by sharing my fabulous Nutella Cupcakes (at least the recipe) with all of you! Happy late World Nutella Day!
Ingredients: (makes about 12)
10 tbsp Butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 3/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup Nutella
Preheat the oven to 325° and line muffin pans with muffin/cupcake paper liners
1. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy!
2. Add one egg at a time with mixer on low speed.
3. Add vanilla essence, flour, baking powder and salt. Continue to mix everything together until well incorporated. (You can do all this by hand using a big spatula, it's just harder and takes more time).
4. The mixture will be sort of lumpy like it would be hard to pour. Don’t worry, that’s exactly the way you want it to be!
5. Using an ice cream scooper, fill the cupcake liners with the batter upto about 3/4 full.
6. Top each cupcake with a spoonful of Nutella. Then, using a toothpick or skewer, swirl the Nutella into the batter.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean! Be careful not to overbake! Let them cool for a few minutes while you pour yourself a glass of cold milk and enjoy - YUMMMMY!