Cute Circuit's Latest Creation - A Haute Couture 'Twitter' Gown
Listen to Article
London-based Cute Circuit that specializes in wearable technology is known for its dazzling outfits. In the past they have designed many mesmerizing dresses like the Galaxy dress that incorporated 24,000 LED lights and 4,000 Swarovski crystals. Now in keeping up with today's world comes a dress that actually sparkles with live tweets!
Worn by former Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger for the launch party of the EE 4G mobile network held on Novemeber 1st at London's Battersea Power Station, at first glance the dress looks just like any other elegant cocktail gown. However, look closer and you will notice flashing words, which happen to be the live tweets Nicole was receiving from her fans as the stunning singer strutted around in her hi-tech dress.
Hand crafted from expensive French silk chiffon, the dress also contained some 3.000 Swarovski crystals. As to how the company managed to embed the live tweets into the delicate material remains a closely guarded secret known only to Cute Circuit's super creative designers, Francesca Rosella and Ryan Genz.
This is not the first time the company has created custom one-of-kind attire for celebrities. In 2010, Katy Perry appeared at the Costume Gala Benefit at New York's Metropolitan Museum in a cool gown that dazzled with rainbow colored LED's. To demonstrate that even men can don their wearable technology, in 2011 the company created four leather jackets for U2's 360° World tour that contained 5,000 LED lights capable of creating visual designs, patterns and even videos. And, while the company does not sell any of these custom creations they do sell a number of cool outfits on their website. So be sure to check it out!
Resources: ecouterre.com, gizmag.com, cutecircuit.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- staufftrinity6 monthsthis is literally wearing the future
- bbuover 4 yearswow cool
- midnight14over 6 yearsWeird / cool
- madswolfover 6 yearsThey all look so pretty, every one should wear one of them.
- sprout789over 6 yearscool
- funtimeover 6 yearsAwesome!😃
- kimora blossomalmost 7 yearsSo cute💚
- swiftealmost 7 yearsTaylor swift should wear one
- kawaiijapanharaalmost 7 yearsSooooooo beautiful
- catsrulealwaysabout 7 yearsOMG I WANT ONE OF THOSE OUTFITS SO BAD THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND MY FAVORITE SINGER KATY PERRY WORE ONe