Is Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak Finally A Reality?
Listen to Article
Ever since J.K. Rowling planted the idea of an invisibility cloak in her blockbuster Harry Potter book series, scientists have been falling all over themselves to create a material that can not only camouflage people, but also, buildings. Now a Canadian company claims to have won that race with a magical textile that it aptly calls 'Quantum Stealth'.
British Columbia based Hyperstealth Technology Corporation asserts that the material renders its wearer completely invisible, even to people with night vision goggles. Also, just like the young wizard's cloak, it is lightweight and does not need cameras, batteries, lights or mirrors to operate. But best of all, it is cheap to manufacture!
So how does it really work? Well that is a top secret. Besides stating that they have successfully managed to bend light waves, so that they go around the material instead of through it, the company is not giving out any details. What it does elaborate on, is all the good uses 'Quantum Stealth' could be put to - Ranging from protecting US and Canadian soldiers forced to eject into enemy terrain, to allowing special armed forces to carry out raids without any fear of being seen. And if that is not enough they even envision creating aircrafts and submarines that can go completely undetected.
To prove that Quantum Stealth really exists, the company has released photos and even a video showing its magical properties. For those that are still skeptical, they have only one thing to say - Both the US and Canadian Military officials have witnessed it live and are so impressed that they are now collaborating with Hyperstealth Technology to create the next generation 'survival blanket' that could render the soldier invisible in a split of a second! If this is indeed true, we have only one question - When will this magical fabric be available to the rest of us?
Resources: CNN.com, dailymail.co.uk, odditycentral.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- Cassandraalmost 4 yearsI wish I had it. I could get a piece of candy without being caught. Harry Potter could get away with pretty much anything. Well without Snape on him. If you agree with me put that you like what I wrote pretty please. Who wouldn't want to be invisible. 😢
- techfashion0315over 1 yearI would love to be invisible! I totally LOVE what you wrote. I could get away with anything, like you said! 😀🔮
- jb9over 2 yearsI like what you wrote
- moonalmost 4 yearscool
- thepenguinalmost 4 yearsi need this
- thepenguinalmost 4 yearsi need this thingy so much!
- techfashion0315over 1 yearLOL!
- hermionegrangeralmost 4 yearsharry potter fan #1
- Harry Potterabout 4 yearsawesome
- Hermioneabout 4 yearsI need one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- ginnyweaslyabout 4 yearscool
- loveyabout 4 years#epic
- Tyabout 4 yearsawsome