Video Of The Week - High School Students Set Bubble Wrap Popping Record
Listen to Article
Who says that Swedish kids are the only ones that get to play at school? On January 29th, 2013, 336 students and faculty members at New Jersey's Hawthorne High School got to skip some classes and have fun too. In this case, however, the 'play' involved something a little more low-tech - Simultaneously popping, crackling, and snapping as much Bubble Wrap as they possibly could in two short minutes!
Besides setting a new Guinness World Record for stomping over a whopping 8,000 square feet of bubble wrap, the school also raised money for the Sandy Hook Elementary School victims. And what was even more fun was that the record was broken in the same town where the popular packaging product was accidentally created 56 years ago by two engineers trying to invent a type of plastic wallpaper!
Resources: Huffingtonpost.com, telegraph.co.uk
Learn Keywords in this Article
- ssover 8 yearsnot to intresting.
- happypug12over 8 yearsI would love to do that, but I'm afraid all that popping would hurt my poor ears!
- searyabout 9 yearsthis is sooo awesome
- shinedownabout 9 yearswow that is crazy
- agreewithbrianbabout 9 yearsyeah. it is weird
- brian_bananaabout 9 yearsok that is kinda wired
- 101 202 303over 9 yearsthat is my school
- De-spellover 9 yearsCool
- kell-bellover 9 yearslol
- braxdelaxover 9 yearscoool!!