Video Of The Week - KLM's Detective Beagle May Be A Marketing Stunt But It Sure Is Cute!
Listen to Article
On September 23rd, 2014, Dutch airline KLM released a YouTube video that made everyone who saw it, wish they could travel on the airline, and forget a possession or two. That's because the short clip depicted a cute beagle aptly named "Sherlock", as the newest and most efficient member of the airline's lost and found service.
The heart-melting video that showed the dog sniffing at the forgotten objects and then rushing out to deliver them to the rightful owners, became an instant viral sensation, with most people believing that Sherlock was an actual "employee" of the airline.
However, a few days later the truth was revealed. Turns out that the beagle detective is just a clever advertising ploy, concocted by New York-based DDB & Tribal, to demonstrate the effectiveness of KLM's human lost and found team, in tracking down passengers that leave things in the airplanes. While that is certainly disappointing, it hasn't deterred the video's popularity, which has been watched over 12 million times, in the last three weeks!
Learn Keywords in this Article
- fox1568over 2 yearsomg
- blacklivesalmost 3 yearsLol the ending
- generalkid13over 2 yearsi know its so funny
- bscalmost 3 yearsThat is such a cool idea! I don't lose anything on the plane, but I wouldn't mind getting visited by the dog if it did! :)
- animereina2021almost 3 yearsAww! So cute, but I kind of feel bad that the dog was just used for a marketing stunt... And if it was real, then how about people who were allergic to dogs? Would they bring in cats?
- AnimalLoveralmost 4 yearsThat dog is sooooo cute and smart!
- DJabout 4 yearsThat Dog is so cute
- tiktok oddballabout 4 yearshe could save lifes so cute
- spykittenover 4 yearsi love this dog
- sadmanover 4 yearsmy dog died:(
- Awesomeover 4 yearsThe dog is so cute