Video Of The Week - Philips Creates Mesmerizing LED-Lit Night Skiing Movie
Listen to Article
Television advertisements have come a long way since luxury watch manufacturer Bulova aired the first 9-second clip in 1941. Today, companies like to publicize their wares in clever ways that subtly draw attention to their products or technology. The most recent example of this is "Afterglow", a branded content film created by Sweetwater Productions in collaboration with Swedish agency Ahlstrand & Wallgren to showcase the technology behind the new Philips Ambilight Television.
Touted as the first skiing movie to be filmed in the dark, the 12-minute "advertisement" that features a rainbow of colors lighting up the steep 2,500-foot runs is so phenomenal, that it won awards for "Best Cinematography" and "Best Short Movie" at the 2014 International Freeski Film Festival held in Montreal from September 18th-20th.
Though the entire movie that was filmed on the slopes of Alaska and British Columbia is amazing, the 3-minute lightsuit version which features some of the world's most elite skiers coming down the slopes wearing suits fitted with 7000 LEDs, is truly mind-boggling. If that is doesn't impress you, the short clip from a skier's GoPro camera, definitely will.
Resources: fastcocreate.com, theinspirationroom.com, huffingtonpost.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- unknown girlabout 4 yearsi love this.
- Aubreyabout 4 yearsT His is so fun to learn about
- Hi over 4 yearsIt would be fun in my opinion
- jAJAover 4 yearsim a better skiier
- joeover 4 yearsso cool
- sonicfan123almost 5 yearsI like it cool
- sonicfan123almost 5 yearscool
- hev888about 5 yearsI cant find the word"Accolade" in this article but this is still usefull!
- joshwott2000about 5 yearsthat is soooooooo rad!!!!!!
- emmaronieover 5 yearsthese people are insane!!! how do they do it!!!???