Brave 10-Year Old Shark Bite Victim Wades Back Into The Ocean To Save Her Friend
Listen to Article
On Wednesday, August 19th, ten-year-old Florida resident Kaley Szarmack was wading in knee-deep ocean waters at a Jacksonville beach, when she experienced a sharp pain in her right leg. Thinking that a crab was holding on to her, the young girl looked down only to see multiple lacerations on both sides of her leg. Soon after, Kaley noticed the dorsal fin of what appeared to be a three-foot-long shark darting away from the crime scene.
Shouting a quick warning to her six-year-old friend that was also in the water, Kaley hobbled out to get help from her family that was sitting further up on the beach. But when she turned around she realized that the girl had not heard her and was still happily splashing in the ocean. So Kaley wadded back in and pulled her young buddy to safety, before seeking help for her wounds.
The young hero was immediately rushed to Wolfson Children's Hospital where she underwent an hour-long surgery to repair the massive cuts from the shark's bite. Fortunately, other than the scar from the 90 stitches she received, Kaley is expected to recover completely from this scary incident.
Learn Keywords in this Article
- karl3y29 daysi just dont get how people can be so kind and brave to do this W friend.
- doglover4810about 2 monthsomg she is so braved
- majestic_tiger15 monthsi would literaly SCREAM
- majestic_tiger16 monthsso brave
- iheartart4ever8 monthsThis is so sweet She is so brave
- iheartart4ever8 monthsThis is so sweet 😍🐬
- reading-dolphinabout 1 yearThe girl was so brave. I don't think I could EVER do that! 🥰😎
- potowifagiboabout 1 yearthis is so sad
- hoverqueenabout 1 yearThat girl is brave!
- xmarcelaxabout 1 yearI know sharks don't mean to hurt us, but that girl was very brave. ❤️