Video Of The Week - Super Bowl 50 Celebrations Begin In San Francisco
Listen to Article
With Super Bowl 50 less than the week away, the countdown to the big game between the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers has begun. To entertain the over million visitors that are expected to come to the San Francisco Bay Area this week, the hosts have not just planned special events, but also created a 'Super Bowl City.'
Located close to San Francisco's picturesque waterfront, it boasts a number of family-friendly activities as well a series of free nightly concerts featuring performers like American rock pop band One Republic and singer & songwriter, Alicia Keys. The opening of the fabulous fan city was celebrated on January 30 with an extravagant 12-minute fireworks show that featured 15,000 fireworks shells some reaching heights of 1,000 feet!
The incredible display culminated with the permanent re-lighting of the Bay Lights on the western span of the Bay Bridge. Designed by world-renowned artist Leo Villareal, the light sculpture project made of up 25,000 LED lights was installed in March 2013 to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Bay Bridge. It was initially meant to be just a two-year temporary installation.
However, it was so popular that the city's residents banded together to raise millions of dollars to bring back the sparkling lights permanently. And what better day to turn them on than at the kick-off party of one of the country's biggest sporting events - Super Bowl Sunday!
Go Broncos! Go Panthers!
Resources: sfbaysuperbowl.com, abcnews.com, photos: youtube.com,superbowl50-ussport-rhcloud.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- broncos_fanover 1 yearGo Broncos!
- patrickmahomes1about 3 yearsTo peyton manning even though he is retired.
- Dogalmost 4 yearsNFL man is a bandwagon
- FaZe_MEEPBUDalmost 4 yearsGo pats
- greenbayabout 4 yearsfavorite team
- deadgoat5656about 4 yearsawesome that's cool!
- 77over 4 yearsNice game packers
- 11over 4 yearsdefence wins champioship
- fortnite beastover 4 yearsgo broncos
- NFL Manover 4 yearsI like the Bears, Texans, Rams, and the Vikings.